Registered Nurse jobs in Bermuda
Posted by Warm Southern Breeze on Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Having received information about this job, and others with the same hospital system, and having spoken with the recruiter, I wanted to share this opportunity with others.
These jobs REQUIRE A THREE YEAR CONTRACT.
Salary in Bermuda is TAX FREE, and the American Dollar and British Pound Sterling are used interchangeably.
Department: Nursing and Nursing Support Facility: King Edward Memorial Hospital (Acute Care Facility)
Department: CRITICAL CARE P. AD.
Schedule: Full time
Hours: 1820 (hours per year)
Contact Information: Contact: Glenda Daniels
Job Details: Bachelor’s of Science
1 year of experience required
Bermuda Hospitals Board strives to provide the highest in quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We are seeking qualified, highly motivated and skilled professionals to work in a supportive, but demanding environment. The ability to work harmoniously within a team of professionals is critical as we continue to improve patient care.
Key responsibilities include:
• Gives direct patient care (simple to complex and trauma care to those ranging from birth to seniors.
• Utilizes the nursing process and develops a nursing care plan for each assigned patient.
• Initiates and participates in patient care conferences.
• Assigns teaches and directs other nursing personnel as required.
• Assumes in-charge duties as required
• Assumes responsibility for professional development by participating in continuing education programmes, keeping current with professional literature and participating in professional organizations.
Qualifications &/ Registration required:
• Graduate of a Registered Nurse Education Programme recognized by the Bermuda Nursing Council.
• Current registration with the Bermuda Nursing Council, as required.
• Minimum of two years post graduate nursing experience as an Emergency Room nurse in a Level 11 facility.
• Current certifications: CPR, ACLS, PALS, Trauma and I.V.
• Experience in Physical assessment and POP applications.
• Demonstrated knowledge and clinical competencies
Salary: NS 21-30 $66.940.00-$84.957.00 per annum